Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The Winchester School Parent Teacher Association, (PTA), is a group of passionate and supportive people whose common goal is to enhance every child’s learning experience whilst at Winchester School. We support the children of Winchester School with ongoing fundraising for resources and activities, supporting school events, and fostering relationships from all parties within our school community.
Meetings are held twice a term in the school staffroom - please check the school newsletter for our upcoming meeting dates.
New members are always welcomed and encouraged. It is a great way to meet new people, to gain an insight into how our school operates and to help our kids.
If you would like to help out from time to time, please contact us at email@example.com . The success of the PTA relies on the continual support from our school community.
Chairperson - Katrina O'Riley
Deputy Chairperson - Sieda Hornby
Secretary - Ann Mundel
Treasurer - Doreen Ly
Examples of what we do:
- Fortnightly lunch orders on Thursday
- Calendar orders
- School disco
- Paying for a visiting performer to visit the school every year
- Paying camp parents fees to attend senior camp
- Buying new classroom games (Every second year)
- Iceblocks for children after camp/school picnics
- Organise and attend a termly new parent morning tea for new families to our school
- Contributions towards major projects such as fitness track/turf
- Organising the BBQ at our community picnic
Keep an eye out in the school newsletter for current information regarding meeting times, fundraisers and how you can help the PTA.