Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The Winchester School Parent Teacher Association, (PTA), is a group of passionate and supportive people whose common goal is to enhance every child’s learning experience whilst at Winchester School. We support the children of Winchester School with ongoing fundraising for resources and activities, supporting school events, and fostering relationships from all parties within our school community.
Meetings are held twice a term in the school staffroom - please check the school newsletter for our upcoming meeting dates.
New members are always welcomed and encouraged. It is a great way to meet new people, to gain an insight into how our school operates and to help our kids.
If you would like to help out from time to time, please contact us at email@example.com , the success of the PTA relies on the continual support from our school community.
Examples of what we do:
- School lunches every Thursday
- Fundraising projects such as hot cross buns, pies, student calendars
- School disco
- Paying for a visiting performer to visit the school every year
- Paying camp parents fees to attend senior camp
- School sunhats/sunscreen
- Buying new classroom games every year
- Iceblocks for children after camp/school picnics
- Organise and attend a termly new parent morning tea for new families to our school
- Contributions towards major projects such as fitness track/turf
- Organising the BBQ at our community picnic
Chairpersons - Ainslee Kearney & Kate Costley
Deputy Chairperson - Emma Ochei
Secretary - Sieda Hornby
Treasurer - Rebecca Bensemann
An example of some of our yearly commitments and fundraisers are listed below. We are always open to new ideas and fundraising opportunities that may arise throughout the year.
Keep an eye out in the school newsletter for current information regarding meeting times, fundraisers and how you can help the PTA.