History of Winchester School
Winchester School was first established in September 1958 with a four-classroom block, and a roll of 180 children. As the roll quickly grew, additional buildings were established. Over the years the school has been extensively upgraded and extended, to provide the modern education facilities our children enjoy today.
The school monogram incorporates the white shield, a symbol of peace and goodness, the gold chevron, stability and strength and the Tudor roses, our link in name with the famous English School. 'Diligence Rewards' is the motto: meaning good application to a task brings satisfying rewards. The school colours are navy and white.
Winchester celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2008.